We welcome proposals for the facilitation of professional development workshops at the CES 2014 Conference being held from June 15 to 18, 2014 in Ottawa, Ontario. Pre-conference workshops will take place on Sunday, June 15, 2014. Professionals and other potential facilitators who oversee, are engaged in, and work to advance evaluation theory, research or practice are invited to submit proposals. The deadline to submit Workshop Proposals is December 13, 2013 (11:59pm EST).
Submission Guidelines and Criteria for Pre-Conference Workshops
Professional Development Workshops are hands-on, experiential and interactive sessions that provide opportunities for participants to build or hone knowledge, skills and capabilities in a particular area related to evaluation, or to specific methodologies and/or practice. Presenters are expected to have excellent facilitation skills and significant subject matter expertise. Workshops will be delivered in the language of submission (English or French).
Workshops precede the conference by taking place on Sunday, June 15, 2014 over either:
- Full Day – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Morning – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Afternoon – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Due to factors such as space availability, demand, quality, overlap and the need to offer a range of courses from beginner through to advanced topics, not all proposals will be accepted. An independent review committee will rate workshop proposal submissions according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the Workshop Proposal Submission, including clarity, conciseness, completeness
- Appropriateness of the workshop description and learning outcomes
- Fit between the topic and teaching/learning strategies described
- Relevance of the topic given current trends in evaluation
- Alignment to CES Credentialed Evaluator (CE) competencies
- Experience, subject matter expertise, background and geography of facilitator(s) to contribute to the diversity of workshops
Workshop Proposal Submission Procedures
Workshop proposals can be submitted electronically through the Workshop Submission Form. Be sure to complete all 16 information fields and checklists. Carefully review and edit your responses prior to submitting your completed proposal. Proposals will be accepted on or before December 13, 2013.
Please note that incomplete proposal submissions or proposals submitted via other means than the electronic Workshop Submission Form will not be reviewed.
To facilitate the preparation of your workshop proposal, you can view a PDF version of the submission form. Note that this form cannot be filled in its PDF format. You must use the electronic Workshop Submission Form.
In recognition of the additional work involved in planning and delivering a workshop, CES will offer:
- For a half-day workshop – 50% reduced registration fee, for the CES 2014 Conference, for one facilitator
- For a full-day workshop – CES 2014 Conference registration fee waiver for one facilitator
Should facilitators be in a position to decline the registration fee waiver, please feel free to do so.
Notification regarding workshop proposal acceptance will be sent by January 31, 2014. Following notification, the 2014 Conference Workshops Committee will be available to provide guidance and answer questions, to help successful bidders develop workshops that will best meet the needs and expectations of conference attendees. Successful bidders should expect to provide copies of workshops materials (agendas, deck presentations, case studies, etc.) to the Committee for feedback at specified dates prior to the Conference.
Please note that a data projector, PC laptop, screen and flipcharts will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by facilitators.
Thank you for your submission!