The Organizing Committee for the 2014 Canadian Evaluation Society (CES) Conference (C2014), which will be held in Ottawa, Ontario, is pleased to invite evaluation professionals, members of academia, students, and other potential presenters to submit a presentation proposal(s).
The conference will be held from June 15 to June 18; pre-conference workshops will be held on June 15 (find out more information about the call for workshop proposals this way) and presentations will occur from June 16 to June 18 inclusively. The deadline to submit presentation proposals is January 10, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
The theme for this year’s conference is “35 Years: Celebrating Contributions to Canadian Evaluation”. More information about the conference theme is available.
Various types of presentations will be made during the conference. See the section regarding the definitions of types of presentation for description and details on duration and format.
Please complete the Presentation Submission Form. Proposals will only be admissible if submitted through the online submission system on or before January 10, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST. You will be asked to include details pertaining to the presenters, type of presentation, length, as well as a brief summary of the activity or presentation topic. Be sure to complete all required information fields and checklists. Carefully review and edit your responses, prior to submitting your completed proposal. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed.
To facilitate the preparation of your presentation proposal, you can view a PDF version of the submission form. Note that this form cannot be filled in its PDF format. You must use the electronic Presentation Submission Form. Proposals submitted via other means than the electronic Workshop Submission Form will also not be reviewed.
Overall acceptance rates vary in any given year and not all proposals will be accepted. In addition to completeness, each proposal will be assessed by an independent review committee against the following criteria:
- Relevance: the proposal should demonstrate alignment to the conference theme;
- Clarity: the proposal should clearly outline the topic that will be featured in the presentation as well as its main concepts/ideas;
- Innovation: the proposal introduces new ideas, methods, and/or approaches that promote new knowledge and have the potential to contribute to the field;
- Focus: the proposal contributes to knowledge on broader issues of evaluation methods, theories, policies and practices that have value to a wide community within CES in contrast to presenting findings of a specific evaluation;
- Presenter(s): Experience, subject matter expertise, background and geographic location of presenter(s) that contribute to the diversity of presentations;
- Learning support: Includes interactive and/or other methods to support learning where applicable.
Please note that a data projector, PC laptop, screen and flipcharts will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by presenters.
Presenters selected will be notified via e-mail by February 28, 2014 and are expected to register for the conference no later than March 28, 2014. Considering the benefits of attending the conference, presenters do not receive reduced or waived conference registration fees. Refunds will be provided for requests received in writing postmarked no later than April 15, 2014, less an administration fee of CDN$50.00. After that date, we regret no refunds will be issued; however, we will accept substitute delegates.
Any questions regarding the proposal submission process should be forwarded to conference organizers at the following address: email@example.com
Thank you for your submission!