CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
The warmer weather will be here before we know it! We are pleased to announce that the 35th Canadian Evaluation Society’s National Conference has begun its 10 week countdown. The event has been scheduled from June 15-18th in Ottawa at the Ottawa Convention Centre (OCC) which is located next to the ByWard Market. For logistical information related to the conference, please consult the conference Website.
Each conference relies heavily on volunteers to help get things done and this year’s conference is no different. Organizing committee members have been hard at work for the last year drawing together the details to bring conference attendees the highest quality conference we possibly can. As we move forward with the event, we have identified areas where we require additional support. The types of tasks we need volunteers to help us complete include the following:
- helping to assemble delegate kits onsite at the OCC in advance of the conference;
- helping to greet delegates at the OCC registration desk throughout the conference;
- helping to lead morning exercise activities;
- supporting thematic breakfast session facilitators;
- helping conference attendees, including those from out-of-town find restaurants included in the social dinner evening;
- providing time-keeping and logistical support in concurrent sessions and workshops;
- facilitating workshop feedback data collection;
- supporting conference evaluation data collection activities;
- a variety of other tasks, as needed, to ensure that everything runs smoothly; and,
- In addition, we need a volunteer who has audio/visual editing skills and a familiarity with related software. This entails working on a special project in advance of, and throughout the conference.
Any interested individuals should contact Diana Tindall at email@example.com who will assist in matching you with a suitable opportunity. Volunteer spots will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have already volunteered for the conference through the volunteer space on the conference Website, rest assured we will be reaching out in very short order. In order to avoid confusion, please do not resubmit if you have already offered your assistance.
Unfortunately this year, we are unable to offer any subsidized rates for conference volunteers. We hope that these volunteer assignments will provide you with valuable networking and learning opportunities in return for your time and hard work.
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you in June if not sooner!
CALL FOR THEMATIC BREAKFAST FACILITATORS
Further to the call for thematic breakfast facilitators that was launched in March, we would like to announce the extention of the deadline for submitting your name as a potential facilitator for the thematic breakfasts. To indicate your interest, please contact Nat Stone, CES C2014 Thematic Breakfasts Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your current job title, proposed breakfast theme, and a brief (one short paragraph) description or rationale for the theme by no later than Tuesday, April 15, 2014.